Sunday, October 23, 2022

6 Side Effects of MS Steroid Treatment | Everyday Health.

Looking for:

Metallic taste in mouth prednisone.6 Side Effects of MS Steroid Treatment 













































   

 

Metallic taste in mouth prednisone. Does anyone get a strange taste in their mouth from taking prednisone



  You may notice mood changes and mental health problems while taking prednisolone. ❿  


Metallic taste in mouth prednisone. Side effects of prednisolone tablets and liquid



  Think it might be the dreaded endoscopy next!     ❾-50%}

 

Metallic taste in mouth prednisone.Steroids’ Miracle Comes With a Caveat



    I have been for the past few days dealing with a numbness and a lack of taste on my tongue I am currently taking 40 mg of pred.

I wonder how the Daktarin gel helps - that's prescribed for oral thrush Put a lemon in the microwave for one minute yu get more juice then divide the juice into three and take it three times a day in water. Acid reflux gone. Join this discussion or start a new one? We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters.

Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

Does anyone get a strange taste in their mouth from taking prednisone Follow. New discussion Reply. Not sure if it is pred that causes it. Yes, many of us do, or did, at first. There is quite a long discussion on this forum about it - it was about five months ago - scroll down the discussions and you shoud find it.

Funny you should ask about taste , I was only thinking yesterday afternoon that my mouth has always fell thick and have an odd taste since I have started preds. Have been on them 6 months now so I gueess its par for the course.

Still have taste though. EileenH marilyn You can also get a nasty taste with PMR alone and I have seen lists of symptoms that mention it. I did. And yes - I looked it up and, as I thought, it happens at the point where your body runs out of carbs and needs to use lipids fats to produce energy. It's called ketoacidosis - it isn't dangerous in people who are NOT diabetic by the way and just happens for a short time unless you are fasting for a very long time when it lasts a bit longer until the body sorts out how it is working so being on a low carb diet isn't a long term problem.

Yes I get this too. You are more likely to have a serious side effect if you take a higher dose of prednisolone or if you have been taking it for more than a few weeks. Go to Call if you're worried about a child under the age of 5 years. You may notice mood changes and mental health problems while taking prednisolone. Talk to your doctor or contact if you have any mood changes including:. In rare cases, it's possible to have a serious allergic reaction anaphylaxis to prednisolone.

You could be having a serious allergic reaction and may need immediate treatment in hospital. Taking prednisolone at higher doses for a long time can slow down the normal growth of children and teenagers. Your child's doctor will monitor their height and weight carefully for as long as they're taking this medicine. This will help them spot any slowing down of your child's growth and change their treatment if needed.

Even if your child's growth slows down, it does not seem to have much effect on their eventual adult height. Talk to your doctor if you're worried. They'll be able to explain the benefits and risks of giving your child prednisolone.

These are not all the side effects of prednisolone. I now use listerine kills alot of the bacteria which is more prevailent with a dry mouth. This has finially helped with the dryness and bad breath. I do it twice a day. Morning and night. However, that information will still be included in details such as numbers of replies. Oops, something went wrong. Inspire Stop Sarcoidosis Living with sarcoidosis. Join Inspire Create a Post. Prednisone sucks! Sign in or join to bookmark. React Sign in or join to react.

Viewing as. Sort by. Reply to Bethw76 post author. I have dry mouth and some yeast issues but this is new. At the higher dose I did loose some of my taste but it came back when I got below 20 mgs.

Reply Share. In reply to sadiec's comment. Sadiek, My legs are real weak too. I keep thinking it might be a vitamin shortage or something. Maybe I will get some bananas. Good luck. I keeping drinking water and use Biotene for the dry mouth. Beth, I also had taste problems when on 40mg, i was on that for 7 months, now tapering off.. In reply to JamesH's comment. I'm weaning off the Pred, but I have trouble staying asleep, also my skin has an odor, its like taking Vit B12 gives skin odor to keep mosquitos away.

Irene Delete Reply.

Posted 7 years ago7 users are following. This may be just me but been on pred for 1 year with my pmr. But sometimes in later afternoon I get this strange taste in my mouth. Been to dentist and all is good there. Lert me know if anyone has had this.

Thank you ahead for any answers. Posted 7 years ago. I wonder if it has anything to do with blood sugar levels because I get a similar taste as far as I remember about mid-morning having not eaten for over 12 hours.

Eating something gets rid of it. Pred changes the way your body processes carbs so maybe that is another reason why it happens when you are on pred.

I wonder how the Daktarin gel helps - that's prescribed for oral thrush Put a lemon in the microwave for one minute yu get more juice then divide the juice into three and take it three times a day in water. Acid reflux gone.

Join this discussion or start a new one? We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters.

Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms. Does anyone get a strange taste in their mouth from taking prednisone Follow. New discussion Reply.

Not sure if it is pred that causes it. Yes, many of us do, or did, at first. There is quite a long discussion on this forum about it - it was about five months ago - scroll down the discussions and you shoud find it. Funny you should ask about tasteI was only thinking yesterday afternoon that my mouth has always fell thick and have an odd taste since I have started preds. Have been on them 6 months now so I gueess its par for the course.

Still have taste though. EileenH marilyn You can also get a nasty taste with PMR alone and I have seen lists of symptoms that mention it. I did. And yes - I looked it up and, as I thought, it happens at the point where your body runs out of carbs and needs to use lipids fats to produce energy. It's called ketoacidosis - it isn't dangerous in people who are NOT diabetic by the way and just happens for a short time unless you are fasting for a very long time when it lasts a bit longer until the body sorts out how it is working so being on a low carb diet isn't a long term problem.

Yes I get this too. My doctor told me it is part of the acid reflux that I get from taking the pred. Thank goodness they help with the pain.

I sometimes forget that pred is the drug, not the disease! The only thing that helps my mouth is 'Dactarin Gel' that I get on my regular prescription.

You could try this. Hope it works for you. EileenH debbie Wonder how he'd account for mine then since I had it even long before pred. Hi Eileen. I think the Daktarin helps because of the orange flavour. It must be stronger than the 'acid'. I only found out it helped because I was prescribed it for oral thrush some time ago and tried it in desperation a couple of weeks ago when all my food seemed to taste of plastic and I developed cuts and sores on my tongue another symptom of acid reflux disease apparently.

She has prescribed Metoclopramide but they are not helping a lot. Think it might be the dreaded endoscopy next! Ho hum! Debbie, try Mrs tip for acid reflux, it has worked for some many of us. Are you on any anti-acid medication? Like omeprazole or ranitidine? Don't take the metoclopramide for long though - has some unpleasant potentially permanent side effects which happen if you take it longterm.

I was on Omeprazole for a year but I thought it might be causing the palpitations so I have changed to Ranitidine. The doctor did say I can't take the Metoclopramide for too long.

Since they are not doing a lot she will probably not give me any more. I am a bit worried that my eosophagos is damaged from the acid as I keep choking on my food, my breath is raspy and food feels like it gets stuck in my upper chest as well as tasting of plastic. Upside is, that it is helping my diet lol! Thanks lodger. I will give it a go.

Also thank you for your offer of help with the med students. I will pm you when I am preparing next week. Contains personal information. Duplicate post. Offensive topic. Delete request or other:. Notes on Does anyone get a strange taste in their mouth from taking prednisone close.

That metallic taste is unbearable. Despite that, I want to know directly from people who used it or prednisone: does it start working/healing immediately? localhost › Oral Care › Guide. Some drugs can make food taste different, or they can cause a metallic, salty, or bitter taste in your mouth. Taste changes are especially. your mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat start swelling. You could be having a serious allergic reaction and may need immediate treatment in hospital. Long-term. And if steroids are given intravenously, side effects may include insomnia, a metallic taste in the mouth, mood swings, nausea. You could be having a serious allergic reaction and may need immediate treatment in hospital. There are things you can do to help cope with them: Weight gain If you have to take prednisolone for more than a few weeks, it's likely that you'll put on weight.

I have a quick question I am currently taking 40 mg of pred. Only because my body could not handle the 60 mg my doctor wanted me on I have been for the past few days dealing with a numbness and a lack of taste on my tongue I wish I had a better way to describe how I was feeling Beside the overall horrible feeling this drug is giving me this mouth thing is totally annoying I am craving salty food just for taste.

Which is bad for me also I am down to 6mgs but I have this wierd tongue thing also. Mine is slow to move and my jaw moves slow too. Like if I am eating, chewing is wierd. Like my jaw does not move as fast as I want to chew. Happens when talking too. If I move my lower jaw side to side it sort of drags or seems to have tremors.

Bethw76 Yes! I have the lack of ability to taste food, often a bad taste in my mouth sometimes metallic, sometimes like I imagine 3-day old road kill might taste like , and a sense that there is a film there, which may or may not be similar to the numbness you're mentioning I don't remember having any of those particular mouth feelings before Prednisone.

Sounds the same. Slowness to move. Not muscle weakness. And I've gotten it since being on Prednisone. I'm starting to taper now and hoping it goes away I do take mg calcium, mg magnesium, and try to eat potassium rich foods every day banana, leafy greens, coconut water.

Yesterday a Rheumatologist recommended trying to add Zinc and Alpha Lipoic acid as well My legs are real weak too. I have been trying to avoid a steroid boost but maybe it is time to throw in the towel. Yes, it is the prednisolone that gives that bad taste in the mouth - I get that metallic taste too which I so dislike. I spend a lot of time brushing my teeth and cleaning my tongue, not much help but psychologically makes me feel better.

I use sugarless gum quite a lot as a result of this problem. Have not yet found anything to combat it, if you do let us know. I am having problems as well. I don't have the metallic taste, mine is more salty. I am also having problem with my teeth looking a little yellow no matter how many times I brush. Due to the dryness, I have developed a little"groove" at the base of the gum.

Glad to know I am not alone in this.. Yes metallic is exactly what I taste. I have been putting salt on everything trying to give thing flavor. I find myself chewing ice also Just so I numb the fowl taste in my mouth Of well I go Tuesday back to my doctor and unfortunately the pred is not touching any of my pain or symptoms so I think I have to start the methotrexate.

Which I heard is absolutely horrible Of well If anyone can help me with what I may expect I would appreciate that I also had taste problems when on 40mg, i was on that for 7 months, now tapering off..

In response to your comment about possibly starting "meth", I've found it's w-a-y better, for me at least, than prednisone. Been on and off prednisone for many years, finally got a really good breathing test result, and Doc was then ready to wean me off the pred and start the meth. Still haven't lost the 20 lbs gained from pred hey, it's the holidays! Hope that eliminates the fear some.

Good Luck. And Merry Christmas! I have been on prednisone for over a year. I take another drug also, which gives the dry mouth, garbage can smell.. I now use listerine kills alot of the bacteria which is more prevailent with a dry mouth. This has finially helped with the dryness and bad breath.

I do it twice a day. Morning and night. However, that information will still be included in details such as numbers of replies. Oops, something went wrong. Inspire Stop Sarcoidosis Living with sarcoidosis. Join Inspire Create a Post. Prednisone sucks! Sign in or join to bookmark. React Sign in or join to react. Viewing as. Sort by. Reply to Bethw76 post author. I have dry mouth and some yeast issues but this is new. At the higher dose I did loose some of my taste but it came back when I got below 20 mgs.

Reply Share. In reply to sadiec's comment. Sadiek, My legs are real weak too. I keep thinking it might be a vitamin shortage or something. Maybe I will get some bananas.

Good luck. I keeping drinking water and use Biotene for the dry mouth. Beth, I also had taste problems when on 40mg, i was on that for 7 months, now tapering off.. In reply to JamesH's comment. I'm weaning off the Pred, but I have trouble staying asleep, also my skin has an odor, its like taking Vit B12 gives skin odor to keep mosquitos away. Irene Delete Reply. Note Required. Cancel Confirm. Read carefully Block Member. Are you sure you want to block this member?

Cancel Block. Add as friend. This is a snackbar.



Que es el benzac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Prednisone for lymphoma in dogs

Looking for: Lymphoma in Dogs - The Pet Oncologist.  Click here       Canine Lymphoma Steroid Only | Iowa State University   Bernard, Sco...